2 cups of plain flour
2 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/4 cups of cream
15 grams of melted butter
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
115 grams of butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups of Icing sugar
1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence
1/2 cup of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Add the cream and stir. (I ran out of cream and used almond milk and melted butter for this step)
- Flour the bench space.
- Knead the dough on the floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle, don’t make it too thin.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over the dough.
- Roll from the longest side to form a scroll.
- Cut into equal slices.
- Place each slice onto a trey, flatten sightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While they cool, add butter icing sugar, cream cheese and vanilla essence together and mix with an electric whisker until creamy.
- Ice the cinnamon rolls and enjoy.